Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend...


Friday: Tonight we are having company so I helped Martha make her spicy spaghetti because one of our guests is a vegetarian. I sat in the kitchen and wrote down the recipe while Martha made the food. We decided to also make some hotdogs on the side for those of us who wanted meat. We finished making dinner and I helped prepare everything to eat and cleaned up a bit. When our company arrived some introductions were made. I had already met Sister Kimball so I was introduced to Elder Kimball and the other missionary couple that just arrived a couple days ago that the Kimballs are training. After we visited for a while we sat down to eat. We had spaghetti, hotdogs, rolls, fruit, and vegetables. The food was really good! After dinner us kids did the dishes then visited for a while. Then... the Kimballs pulled out a desert they made. It was peanut butter and chocolate rice krispy treats! They were so good! Then the missionaries left and we cleaned up and went to bed. I had so much fun!

-GG

Saturday: Today it rained so much I thought we would wash away. Finally it stopped and was really sunny so we went on a family walk to the beach and played soccer where Dad and I went on a run along the beach. Afterwards I found a coconut in the sand. I'm always on the lookout for coconuts, even when I go to Hawaii and Mexico, and now here! My dad went for a swim in the ocean. The waves are really big! We all starting to get hungry and so we went home. Mom made some really yummy black bean burritos.

Sincerely, Lawrence

John and I got complimentary tickets from Cellcom for the Liberian National League soccer game. They were expensive tickets near VIP, but in retrospect I am happy that we were seated in this section as the fans were a little more controlled. stadium was packed past capacity with many ticket holders not being allowed to enter because the game had been oversold. This made for some very angry fans. While waiting in line to enter the stadium we had people cutting in front of us and pushing us to get through the door. The crowd was rowdy and people were being pushed and shoved; one man fell from one level to the next because of people pushing him. John and I saw a few fans being carried away on stretchers. The riot police were in attendance along with over 50 black belt karate students. It made me wonder how crazy the fans would get. Anyway, the game was exciting and Liberia won. John and I left a couple of minutes early not wanting to get caught in the crowd. But despite our early exodus, the driver of our car was last to arrive and then we entered the melee of people on foot, zillions of weaving motorcycles, countless honking cars jockeying for every inch of advantage on the road, all to the tune of total disregard for any prevailing laws of the road! It was major-crazy!

Warmly, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment