Monday, June 6, 2011

5th Grade Graduation!


So today I was able to Skype my class back home to attend my fifth grade graduation. My tech teacher set up her lap top and called us via computer when they were all ready. My teacher and class mates were at the front of the room and all said hi when I logged on. He gave us a speech about middle school and all sorts of tips he thought would benefit us. It was really cool! Then we each got a picture with him handing us our diploma. I will just have to get mine, once I'm home.
I was really sad that I couldn't actually be there with them watching the photo slide show of the whole year. I told my Dad, "Why did you have to drag me here and make me miss graduation!? That is so not fair!" After a while he got me to realize that this is a really unique situation and not a lot of people will be able to say that they graduated elementary school in Africa!
I miss all my friends back home and am so excited to see them!

*MC*

No comments:

Post a Comment