Monday, May 9, 2011

Family Home Evening!

Today we stayed home all day doing school work, uggghhh! Mom came up with a fun P.E. activity; we went bowling using all of our empty water bottles as pins and a volleyball as a bowling ball. Naturally I won, rolling the ball granny style. We finished by lining up bottles on the back of the couch and tried to knock them down with small rubber balls. The highlight of my day was when not one but two sets of missionaries from our church came over to have dinner with us and participate in family home evening. Dinner for them was great considering they are on a strict diet of rice, rice, and occasionally stew. We had spicy spaghetti, sausages, rolls, and a variety of fruit. They quickly devoured it! When we were finished one elder dared me to eat a spoonful of oil that was leftover in a bowl and I agreed to if he would also. It was nasty and it gave me heartburn. Liberians tend to use a ton of oil in their cooking. To wrap up the evening we played some games with them. We taught them Snaps, Spot It, and Blink. Blink was the favorite; it was always me (since I am the fastest) versus one of the two American Elders, I always won :) I'm very competitive!

-GG

1 comment:

  1. It is great reading about your family's adventures and service! Physical activity (aka fun games and sports!) is universal.
    Keep up the great work!
    ~KK-T (aventa Health and PE teacher)

    ReplyDelete